Beyond flowers there are many plants that can thrive here if brought in during certain months, such as:
- Golden Pathos: One of the world's best selling plants, it is extremely hard to kill and is a great low-maintenance plant. It can grow outside in full sun to partial shade as long as nights stay above 60 degrees F. This variegated plant has a great tropical vibe and does great in high humidity environments.
- Aralia Fabian Stump: The thick, woody stalk of this shrub looks unique in contrast to its round, small leaves with purple bottoms! Indoors it is very low-maintenance, and it even can grow outside in morning sun during months where the nights are above 60 degrees F.
- Neanthe Bella Parlor Palm: This cute palm livens up any space and thrives in even very low light! It can live outside on a full-shade patio, bring it inside before temps get in the low 60s.
- Fiddle Leaf Fig: Vibrantly green with large leaves, this plant is gorgeous and also a bit difficult! They can grow outside with 2-4 hours of sun as long as nights stay above 50 degrees F, but need high humidity and are very particular about tap water!
- Boston Fern: An amazing patio plant, this fern is bushy and loves lots of humidity! It is an ideal plant for a bathroom area and looks great in a hanging basket.
- Zeylanica Snake Plant: This type of snake plant can stay outdoors when it is above 60 degrees F, and loves dappled shade. Zeylanica is the most commonly sold type of Sansevieria and is extremely easy to care for.